Hemp is a superfood; one of the most amazing plants for human health that exists on our planet. It’s loaded with nutrients, including protein, omega-3s and fiber, so much so that I insist on incorporating it regularly into my already super-healthy, plant-based diet.
What is Hemp Protein Powder?
Hemp protein powder is an excellent way to add extra oomph to a smoothie (or other food) if you specifically want to focus on the protein and high fibre element of these health-giving seeds. The powder is what remains after the oil has been extracted. It is much easier to digest than many other protein sources, making it perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or who have trouble digesting meat.
How to Make Hemp Protein Smoothie?
In this smoothie I’ve combined ripe banana with blueberries for sweetness, tahini and flax for an extra powerful dose of protein, essential fats, antioxidants and taste.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 3 heaped tablespoons frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Moksa hemp protein powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 2 heaped teaspoons tahini
- 200ml rice milk or water
- Sprinkle of hulled Moksa hemp seeds (optional)
- Measure all ingredients into a blending jug.
- Blend together until creamy smooth.
- Sprinkle some hulled hemp seeds on top (optional).
- Serve immediately.
Not Any More.