Hemp seeds are an ideal food for a raw food or vegan diet due to their high protein and essential fatty acid content. This quick and easy recipe for a raw food hemp milk made from hemp seeds can be used as a substitute for dairy milk in fruit bowls, smoothies, or shakes, or enjoyed on its own.
If you omit the vanilla and sweetener, you'll avoid extra sugar and calories but the strong flavor of hemp seeds may be a bit overpowering for some. If you've accustomed to drinking different kinds of non-dairy milk substitutes, hemp's flavor is striking in comparison—it's a bit earthy in comparison to oat and nut milks.
- ½ cup Hemp Seeds
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
Steps to Make it:
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place hemp seeds, water, agave nectar, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor, and then blend on high speed for 20 to 30 seconds or until mixture is completely smooth and creamy.
- If you'd like, you can strain liquid through a cheesecloth to remove hemp seed particles—this just depends on personal preference.
- Serve hemp milk immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Original Recipe: Raw Vegan Hemp Milk
Hemp seeds are an excellent plant-based source of vital vitamins and minerals. They provide admirable taste and are a necessity in anyone’s diet.
Getting High Quality Hemp Seeds Online can be a hectic task, have no worries any more.