Traditionally a Mughlai dessert, Sheer Khurma is much awaited during Eid. Made with milk, vermicelli, dry fruits, it a yummy, creamy and rich dessert. Adding healthy ingredients makes this dish healthy and rich in fibre so that you can enjoy the festivities guilt free.
- Low fat milk - 500 ml
- Saffron - 5-6 strands
- Cloves - 2-3
- Vermicelli - 1/4 cup
- Moksa quinoa - 2 tbsp
- Dates - 1/4 cup ( Chopped )
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Almond slivers - 2 tbsp
- Pistachio Slivers - 2 tbsp
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, heat the milk.
- Once the milk starts to boil, add in the saffron strands and cloves.
- Now, add the vermicelli, dates and quinoa. Cook for 10-12 minutes till the vermicelli and quinoa are cooked.
- Add the sugar and cook it till the desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with your choice of dry fruits and serve hot.