Raw pumpkin seeds are jam-packed with nutrition, and when you make a curry out of it, that is so-extra-sauce-y and lip-smacking, that you have a restaurant-worthy dish right on your table just within half an hour.
This easy twist is when these Super Seeds Collection are laden with yummy flavors of curry and roasted in a mixture of olive oil, curry powder, and garam masala, which impart a slightly sweet and savory zest, making it the perfect appetizing meal, you’ll fall in love with!
Ingredients: You’ll need!
- 1 Cup of pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can dice tomatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped (optional)
Instructions: How to make it?
- Gather all ingredients together
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, beautifully sprinkle the pumpkin seeds to toast them for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and subtly fragrant, and now, keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Saute the diced onions in olive oil for 5-7 minutes till they get softened and slightly pinkish in color.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Now is the time to make it as Indian as possible, so stir the ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and garam masala into the pan, making it an unbeatable combination of spices, you can’t resist!
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously, until fragrant.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, and chickpeas to the pan and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the curry, covered for about 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly and the flavors have melded together.
- Add the Toasted Pumpkin Seeds to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the seeds, are heated through and the curry is thick and creamy.
- Season the curry with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, if desired.
The aromatic spices and flavors are a delight to the senses!
Serve the pumpkin seed curry over steamed rice or with warm naan bread. Enjoy!
I hope you will LOVE this unique delicacy as It’s
- Super easy-to-make
- Subtly spiced
- Healthy and Hearty
- Full of Veggies
- Sweet and crunchy
What else do you need, try this out and let us know how much you loved it!