How to make it?
Let’s find out!
You have had kheer many times, right? Wondering how to make it more nutritious and delectable, then why not add hemp to give it a delightful twist? Now, as you know you can make kheer out of it but still don’t know the recipe, then what are we here for?
As Holi was around the corner, who doesn’t love a bowl of creamy, aromatic, and nutritious kheer added to the menu that spice up your Holi, then it was ever before?
And That isn’t just any kheer, this is made out of Nutritious Hemp Seeds with its peculiar herbal aroma which adds more layers of complexity to this already luxurious dessert. With every bite of this mouth-watering, refreshing, and unique kheer, it sent a wave of relaxation wash all over you!
Its sweet fragrance of cardamom and saffron is enough to soothe your soul and now you really can’t resist the temptation. So, Let’s go straight to the recipe that you have been looking for!
Here you go!
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1-liter milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/4 cup water
- Chopped nuts such as almonds, Cashews for garnish (Optional)
Now, as you have all the ingredients on the deck, All you need to do is follow these simple steps to make your to-be favorite kheer!
- Soak the hemp seeds in water for at least 30 minutes. Drain the water and set the seeds aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, pour the milk and let it boil.
- Along with that, Side-by-side take a pan and Raw Hemp Seeds for about 2-3 minutes
- After that, add water to these seeds and cook the seeds until the water is fully evaporated.
Back to the milk as it must have boiled by now, lower the flame and let the milk simmer until it thickens and take up a smooth kheer-like consistency.
- Add Sugar and Cardamom to the milk along with the seeds, and let the flavors blend as you stir it well.
- Let the kheer cook for 10-15 minutes until the hemp seeds are soft and the kheer has thickened.
- Garnish it beautifully with raw chopped or roasted almonds, cashews, and raisins and remove the kheer from the heat and let it cool.
Serve it and enjoy the smack of flavors that tingle your taste buds and instantly transport you to a world of pure bliss.