Hemp Hearts are raw, hulled hemp seeds. They are the soft, chewy center found inside the shell of the hemp seed. Hemp hearts have a subtle nutty flavor and can be consumed raw. You can also cook or toast them if you prefer, making hemp hearts the perfect pantry staple because of their versatility. You can add them to oatmeal, smoothies, desserts and more. They are great for keto, paleo, and dairy-free diets. There are few superfoods that can equal hemp hearts nutrition.
1. HIGHLY NUTRITIOUS: Hemp seeds are rich in healthy fats and essential fatty acids. They are also a great protein source and contain high amounts of vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulphur, calcium, iron and zinc.
2. MAY HELP IN SKIN DISORDERS: Hemp seeds are rich in healthy fats. They have a 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3, which may benefit skin diseases and provide relief from eczema and its uncomfortable symptoms.
3. GREAT SOURCE OF PLANT BASED PROTEIN: About 25% of the calories in hemp seeds come from protein. What’s more, they contain all the essential amino acids, making them a complete protein source.
4. MAY HELP IN REDUCING SYMPTOMS OF PMS: Hemp seeds may reduce symptoms associated with PMS and menopause, thanks to its high levels of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
5. MAY HELP IN DIGESTION: Whole hemp seeds contain high amounts of fibre — both soluble and insoluble — which benefits digestive health.
HOW TO USE:
• Sprinkle on top of salads, sandwiches, stir fried veggies
• Add to baked goods, bites or burgers
• Blend with drinks and dressings
• Stir into soups and sauces
• Mix into your smoothie.