Sunflower seeds, obtained from the seed-studded centre of the sunflower are rich in healthy fats, and several vitamins and minerals. They are also good source of beneficial plant compounds which work as antioxidants. These nutrients may play a role in reducing your risk of common health problems, including heart disease and type 2 diabetes. They are popular in trail mix, multi-grain bread and nutrition bars, as well as for snacking straight from the bag.
1. Packed with Nutrients: Rich in the B complex vitamins, sunflower seeds are a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, protein and vitamin E.
2. May help in Reducing Inflammation: Flavonoids and other plant compounds in sunflower seeds also help reduce inflammation.
3. May help in Lowering Blood Pressure: They may help lower blood pressure by relaxing your blood vessels.
4. May Reduce Cholesterol: Sunflower seeds are rich in unsaturated fatty acids, especially linoleic acid which may help to lower cholesterol.
5. Boosts Immunity: A good natural source of zinc, sunflower seeds are popular immune boosters.