Quinoa is one of the world’s healthiest foods for a reason. It is gluten-free, high in protein, fibre, iron, potassium, calcium and various beneficial antioxidants. It also one of the very few foods which contain all the nine essential amino acids and can be added to salads, stews, soups, porridges, burger patties and many more.
1. Highly Nutritious: Quinoa is loaded with nutrients and minerals like fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
2. Rich in Antioxidants: It has plant antioxidants called flavonoids which may have anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-depressant properties.
3. Packed with Fiber: Quinoa has a more fibre than most grains which helps in lowering blood sugar levels, cholesterol, increase fullness and aid in weight loss.
4. Rich in Protein: High in protein, quinoa also contains all the essential amino acids required by our body making it a great source of protein for vegetarians and vegans.
5. May Aid in Weight Loss: Due to high protein, quinoa may increase your metabolism, while the fibre content makes you feel fuller for much longer, all of which may lead to weight loss.