1. Highly Nutritious: Quinoa is loaded with nutrients and minerals like fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
2. Rich in Antioxidants: It has plant antioxidants called flavonoids which may have anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-depressant properties.
3. Packed with Fiber: Quinoa has a more fibre than most grains which helps in lowering blood sugar levels, cholesterol, increase fullness and aid in weight loss.
4. Rich in Protein: High in protein, quinoa also contains all the essential amino acids required by our body making it a great source of protein for vegetarians and vegans.
5. May Aid in Weight Loss: Due to high protein, quinoa may increase your metabolism, while the fibre content makes you feel fuller for much longer, all of which may lead to weight loss.