Halim seeds, also called aliv or garden cress seeds are tiny powerhouses of nutrients. They are packed with nutrients like iron, folate, Vitamin C, A, E, fibre and protein. Functional foods, they promote overall health by keeping diseases at bay along with providing nutrition. Including them in daily diet can help you enjoy a wide range of health benefits. They can be roasted and added to soups, stews and salads.
1. May Support Blood Sugar Balance: Being low in carbs and a rich source of protein, pumpkin seeds may help protect against diabetes by improving insulin regulation and protecting organs from the potential side-effects of diabetes.
2. Rich in Antioxidants: Along with minerals, these seeds are also rich in antioxidants which protect against cell damage, inflammation and premature aging.
3. Full of Healthy Fats: Being the best source of plant-based omega3 fatty acids, pumpkin seeds may be beneficial for the heart.
4. High in Fiber: Pumpkin seeds are great source of fibre which may help in reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
5. Help Promote Sleep: As pumpkin seeds are a good source of zinc, magnesium and tryptophan, they may help in promoting goo
6. Very High in Magnesium: Pumpkin seeds are high in magnesium which is important for blood pressure, blood sugar levels and bone health.