Everyone loves ice pops during summers. The bright hued hibiscus flowers not only enhance the visual beauty but will convert your normal ice pop to a dinner party dessert. The trick to get a perfect texture of the granita is by stirring or mashing it several times while it freezes, preventing it to become a block of ice.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 dried hibiscus flowers
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 whole fresh mint leaves
- Boil 2 cups of water and remove from flame.
- Add the hibiscus flowers and let them steep for 5-7 mins.
- After strainig the liquid, add the sugar and mix until it dissolves.
- Add the lemon juice and chopped mint leaves when the liquid comes to room temperature.
- Pour the liquid in a shallow bowl and keep in a freezer. Freeze for 3-4 hours while mashing the big chunks of ice every 30 minutes or so.
- Serve the granita in chilled glasses and garnish with whole mint leaves.
← Older Post
Newer Post →