Detox Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is rich in fibre and makes for a great alternative to rice. What’s even better is that it can be used in salads too and here is one recipe which is a great way to include a fibre rich meal into your diet.
- 1/2 cup spinach,stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup corn,drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black beans,drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes,halved
- 5-6 green onions,chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander,finely chopped
- Salt and pepper,to taste
- 2 large lemons,juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- To a bowl, add all the vegetables along with cooked quinoa, black beans and chopped coriander.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, about 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, ground cumin, and red pepper flakes and pour over the salad. Toss to coat.